Saturday, January 14, 2023

Old Photographs


Click on the pics to enlarge (but they wont get any better)

Actual photographs so I suppose the "old" is unnecessary these days. I have a small stack of old photos of miniatures, some of which go back to high school. Photographing miniatures with a standard home camera in the 80s was bloody terrible: Set up the shots, take pictures, hand them off to be developed at your local Boots, wait several days, and then find you have paid for two sets of glossy 3 x 5's of..

 either underexposed (Marauder Townsfolk); 

                                               
or overexposed (Mithril, "anyway, here's Wonderwall");


 or you messed up the film and it didn't advance properly.
(Chronicle - Alchemist, assistant and work benches)



However they weren't all bad 

The pictures are a lovely remainder of teenage creative spirit and the classic look of shiny enamel paint.

My campaign centered around dark elves



Milliput modifications featured heavily



The newly released plastics were so easy and fun to modify.
I needed undead dark elves, so I made some.


I cannot imagine why I needed a skeletal dark elf chaos space marine...


I needed skeleton household servants, so I made those too.




And Drastik Plastik orcs were so much fun:




And here are a few of the others
 
Citadel High Elf v Heritage Succubus 

The mounted reaper had a badly cast leg so
spent many years in a mist of cotton wool

Grenadier Centaur

Grenadier Dragonmen I repainted last year

Essex monk attempting to turn chaos escargot.
Real shell with milliput body and 54mm scale Viking parts. 
This I no longer have, most of the others above have survived.

Its the beginning of the year and I have started basing projects.
You can expect lots of Citadel pre-slotta this year.

Cheers.


3 comments:

  1. Marvellous! Like excerpts from a personal Tabletop Heroes column!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see. Everyone had a box of skeletons and interesting to see your conversations.

    ReplyDelete