Monday, January 30, 2012

January 2012

Looks like i'm off to a slow start (to much real life stuff going on). To meet this years goal I need to paint an average of 8 figures a month. In January I got lots started but only four done. I'm working on a full set of the FS dungeon tiles. There are 16 so as long as I get them all done in February I'll be on track.

Since I don't have any pictures yet I'll go with something of a cop out and show some pictures of my work space and figure storage system:





Most of my figures are stored in plastic trays used by jewelers. They are inexpensive (couple of bucks each) and come with a variety of available insert compartment trays or foam (also very inexpensive). I get them from gemsondisplay.com


Cheers
Caius

3 comments:

  1. Nice! Very impressive lead pile, and a even more impressive array of tools and paints. Thanks for sharing! This goes into my hobby justification folder... "Look honey, I'm not even HALF as bad as this guy!" =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Awesome. I love the setup and your 2012 goal. May I ask some technical questions about your setup? Please feel free to say no (or ignore my questions all together) :) I am a decent painter, but I'm always looking for better tools and tips, and from your setup you look like the one to ask.
    1.) What exactly is the paint shaker? I noticed some of my paints are "inkier" than others, and so I don't use them as much, does the paint shaker help? I paint with Vallejo paints as well.
    2.) Where did you get the color wheel? Does it map Vallejo (or other companies) to GW paints? That would be a tremendous help.
    3.) What's the make/model of brush cleaner you use? Does it work well? I have some brush cleaner, but I don't feel like it's a tremendous help. Maybe I using it wrong?
    Your help is greatly appreciated,
    Anton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anton - happy to reply

    1. Paint shaker - battery operated device (also available in plug in) strap the paint in and it shakes it for you - Link: http://www.robart.com/products/hobby-paint-shaker-batt

    2. Color wheel is from any art store: http://www.dickblick.com/products/artists-color-wheel/
    It does not relate to any manufacturers range of paint just color theory.

    3. Brush cleaner: http://www.dickblick.com/products/ez-air-brush-cleaners/
    I like to think that properly cleaning them once in a while makes them last longer but i'm not really convinced - I should probably use brush conditioner too - its out there!

    Cheers

    Caius

    ReplyDelete